Where Is Bombo Quarry?
Bombo Quarry is at Kiama NSW Australia
Where is Bombo Quarry?
Bombo Quarry is at Bombo, Kiama, Australia.
And, it lies on the south coast of New South Wales. And, it borders the South Pacific Ocean.
It's knowns as the Bombo Headland Quarry. Which is now closed.
I turned left instead of going under the bridge. And, I ended up at Robert East Reserve. The view from the stone fence looked out over Storm Bay.
Bombo Quarry Walk
After parking the car near the toilet block. From here, the view is over Bombo Beach. Then, off I went and walked up the track to the quarry.
As you will hear in the video below, it was a windy day. And, the walk took me longer than expected.
The geological structure is a mixture of black-grey rock and red-brown sandstone. The columns are made of black-grey Bombo latite.
I didn't venture too far as there were boulders, rocks, and rock pools. So, I didn't want to stand too close to the edge.
BE CAREFUL AROUND ROCKS AND WATER.
I'd read about the unexpected waves coming in which could leave you and your equipment wet.
The photography opportunities would be better on a cloudy day, from the hour before sunset, or at sunrise up to the hour after sunrise.
As it was a bright sunny start to the spring day. I made the best of the opportunity to be there. And, experience the strong current hitting its surface.
Australian Photography gives some tips for photographing it.
Robert East Reserve Bombo
Bombo Headland Quarry, Bombo, Kiama, Australia
Bombo Quarry Walk
Bombo Quarry Kiama
On the way back to the car, you can catch a glimpse of Bombo Beach.
See Bombo Quarry
Watch the video to visualize and hear what it's like. Can you imagine what it would be like when the South Pacific Ocean wasn't calm?
Watch Bombo Quarry
BE CAREFUL AROUND ROCKS & WATER
NSW Travel Essentials
- Find out the NSW Weather and Warnings at BOM
- Check the Fire Danger Ratings and Total Fire Bans and Rules in NSW
- Carry water
- Find toilets
Beach Information and Conditions
- Look up the beach information and conditions, at Beachsafe, and the app, for instance:
- If the beach is patrolled or unpatrolled, and if patrolled days and hours
- Current Temperature
NSW National Parks
- Check for NSW National Park closures and alerts
- Look up NSW National Parks for details including alerts, visitor information, park entry fees, annual passes for beaches, lookouts, car parks, and picnic areas, road quality, vehicle access, weather restrictions, entry points, facilities, maps, safety, and prohibited.
- Murramarang National Park on the South Coast NSW near Batemans Bay
- Mimosa Rocks National Park on the South Coast near Bermagui
- Gulaga National Park near Bermagui and Tilba Tilba
- Blue Mountains National Park in country NSW and The Three Sisters in Katoomba
- Eurobodalla National Park on the South Coast from Moruya Head to Mystery Head
- Boewa National Park on the South Coast near Eden
- Meroo National Park near Batemans Bay and Ulladulla on the South Coast
- Budderoo National Park near Jamberoo and Nowra, inland from Kiama on the South Coast
- Barren Grounds Nature Reserve near Kiama on the South Coast
- Macquarie Pass National Park near Kiama on the South Coast
- Killalea Regional Park near Kiama on the South Coast
- Download the National Parks NSW App
- Read the recommendations to leave the park, bush, and beach as you found it
- Don't feed the wildlife, find out the details
- Carry water
Where is Bombo Quarry in New South Wales?
In the map below you'll find the location of Bombo Quarry on the south coast of NSW Australia.
Blue Mountains in NSW
This post contains affiliate links. I may earn compensation when you make purchases, at no extra cost to you. Go on the Three Sisters Walk in the Blue Mountains Where are the Three Sisters? The Three Sisters are at Katoomba in the Blue Mountains, New South Wales,...
Wallaga Lake Things To Do
Things To Do At Wallaga Lake Spend Time by a Lake on the south coast of New South Wales Australia Where Is Wallaga Lake? You will find Wallaga Lake in Bermagui on the south coast of New South Wales Australia. Driving from the north, you'll drive over a...
Sydney to Melbourne Inland RoadTrip
Places to Visit between Sydney and MelbourneVisit 4 places on a Sydney to Melbourne road trip inland. You can stop at these four places and visit them on the drive between Sydney and Melbourne. And, you can visit the four stops on a Melbourne to Sydney road trip too....
Find places nearby to visit
Another photography place nearby is the Cathedral Rocks.
In Kiama, you can visit the Kiama Lighthouse and Kiama Blowhole
And, you'll find other places to visit on the NSW Roadtrip.
Where do you like to go along the coast? Do you watch the waves crash against the rocks?
Where would you like to visit on the coast?
Beautiful photo and love the style!
Also we both love Australia, looks like a beautiful place to visit next time.
Thank you Francois. Sounds like you have visited Australia. Hope you get to visit Bombo Quarry next time.
I love your style! Thanks for including your work in this post, it’s beautiful.
Thank you Courtney. You’re welcome.
I’ve never been to Australia but it’s on our list. Thank you for sharing your photography tips of where to get the most beautiful pictures, yours are gorgeous.
What a beautiful location! It looks very secluded which is what I like. Beautiful photos too!
Thank you Trisha. Bombo Quarry is an unique place of wonder.
Thank you Melanie
Loves this area, and the photos are gorgeous!
Thank you Cathy
So pretty! Would love to take photos here. Very cool.
Thank you Taci. Yes, it’s a great location for travel photography.
What a cool place to explore! I love the different patterns of the rocks. The beach looks lovely, too. It looks like a place where you can get lost in your thoughts.
Thank you Stacey. The textures and patterns of the rocks at Bombo Quarry are so cool.
Your art is incredible…wow!!!!
Thank you Amanda
It looks like a beautiful place to visit. I would love to take my family there someday.
Thank you Sara. Hope you travel Australia.
Beautiful, I can see what it is important to watch your step. I would not want to fall.
Thank you Missy. I didn’t stand close.
You are an amazing artist! That location looks beautiful and I can almost hear the waves through your photographs.
Thank you Melissa. And, wow, thanks
Looks like a very scenic place to visit. Great photos!
Thank you Eva
Beautiful photos! What a cool area!
Thank you Tricia. yes, Bombo Quarry is cool.
Thank you kmf
Nice place for some Oceanside photo pics
Thank you Hera
Such a beautiful area especially to get some great shots!
Thank you Lisa
The water is so blue there! I would also stand back from the edge too! What a beautiful spot and your artwork is extraordinary.
Thank you Casandra. Bombo Quarry is amazing.
I would love too explore this area, or any area, of Australia. It is on the top of my bucket list waiting for the right deal to come my way.
Hope you travel Australia Cindy
Your artwork is gorgeous!
Thank you Kristen
What a cool place! I love the rocks right next to the water – beautiful!
Thank you Pam. It’s a magical place to be there and photography