Things To Do In Canberra ACT Australia
You can find activities to do in Canberra like watching the sunset at Lake Burley Griffin, visiting the Australian War Memorial, and seeing the dinosaurs at the Dinosaur Museum.
What things would you like to do in Canberra?
This post contains affiliate links. I may earn compensation when you make purchases, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support.
I visited the art gallery to see an exhibition on Monet. I watched the sunset at Lake Burley Griffin, the picture above is my impression of that sunset. I visited the Australia War Memorial for the day, I have been a few times. And, I visited the Dinosaur Museum.
The photograph I created out the front of the Dinosaur Museum
Things to do in Canberra
- Australian War Memorial
- A national war memorial, shrine, archives, war museum, and holds the last post
- Lists my family members who died in WWI.
- ANZAC Parade
- Australian National Botanic Gardens
- Native plants and grow threatened plants
- Australian Parliament House
- Parliament Drive, Canberra
- Free Entry. For events and special Exhibitions may need to purchase tickets.
- Parking fees apply. 0 - 1 hour ( less than one hour) is free.
- Museum of Australian Democracy
- Old Parliament House
- CSIRO Discovery Centre
- Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation
- National Museum of Australia
- Lake Burley Griffith
- National Carillon
- Dinosaur Museum
- Dinosaur Garden and Indoor Dinosaur Museum
- Canberra Deep Space Communication Complex Visitor Centre
- currently closed except for booked school groups
- check their site for updates.
- Telstra Tower
- closed for refurbishment, check for updates
- National Library of Australia
- Digitalised old newspapers, etc
- National Archives of Australia
- Holds government records
- For example, WWI servicemen records
- National Film and Sound Archive of Australia
- Holds Exhibitions and Events
- Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies
- 51 Lawson Crescent, Acton Peninsula
- Rebook for access to records
- Mount Ainslie Lookout
- Mt Ainslie Drive, Ainslie
- Royal Australian Mint
- Make coins and coins for collecting
- Free entry
- National Portrait Gallery
- King Edward Terrace
- National Arboretum Canberra
- Guided Walks and Bus Tours
- Forest and Gardens
- Tracks and Trails
- Village Centre
- Forest Sculpture Centre
- Lookouts and Picnic Spots
- Mount Stromlo Observatory
- The site, Heritage Traill & Directors Residence open during visitor hours
- The visitor Centre is currently closed, check for updates
- Commonwealth Park
- Edge of Lake Burley Griffin
- Amphitheatre, playground
- Engage with technology, science & innovation
Canberra Things To Do
Water Lilies Explore Art at the National Gallery of AustraliaThis post contains affiliate links. I may earn compensation when you make purchases, at no extra cost to you. Water Lilies by Jennifer EmpeyMonet Impression Sunrise Monet Impression Sunrise was exhibited at...