Top 100+ Activities and Ideas to Plan for Grandmothers Day
Activities, You Can Do Every Day with Grandma.
You can also use the ideas to do with mothers, mothers-in-law, fathers, grandfathers, great-grandparents, aunts, uncles, friends, and your kids' grandparents ...
Who is a special person in your life that you can plan an activity to spend time with them? And, would suit them.
This post contains affiliate links. I may earn compensation when you make purchases, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support.
Grandmother's Day and Mother's Day Experience
The inspiration for writing this blog about Grandmother's Day and Mother's Day came from being in lockdown.
In 2020 the state where I reside was in lockdown. Which meant, getting together for Mother's Day face to face was not possible. So, it was celebrated virtually.
Now it's 2021. And, it's uncertain what things could be like here or in other countries.
In February 2021, my state is in a 5-day lockdown! I understand so that we can get to the donuts again. We reached donuts!
But then, the next strain arrived from another state. And, the vax race is on so that my state can open again. That date is getting closer.
What can you recommend to spend time with your Grandmother
- face-to-face outdoors
- face-to-face indoors
that is different from previous years?
And, make it into an experience.
Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast ~ Alice in Wonderland, Lewis Carroll
1 What Can You Do Virtually for a Grandmothers Day Experience?
- Share your love with a virtual greeting
- Bake a cake to share
- Send flowers, chocolates, or a gift
- Make a phone call
- FaceTime, Skype, or Zoom
- Organize a family zoom get together
- Purchase a DVD of a movie or show and have it posted directly
- Buy music online
- Buy some crafts, sewing, or DIY kit
- Send a care package
- Buy some toilet paper
- Give Virtual Hugs
- Send a fruit or vegetable box
- Send a fresh food package
- Send a hamper
- Buy a book
- Record family history
- Plan a future get-together
- Send a card
- Write a letter
- Create a story
- Plan travel
- Plan a road trip
- Share a family recipe
Play a game on Face Time.(Facebook Messenger)
2 What Can You Do Outdoors on a Grandmothers Day Face-to-Face Experience?
- Go for a walk together
- Make a video
- Take selfies
- Do something different
- Walk the dog
- Go to the cinema
- Watch a sunset
- Pick your own sunflowers, strawberries, cherries, corn ...
- Sit and have a drink at a cafe
- Walk along the beach
- Watch hail or snow melt
- Go for a drive in the country
- Camp in a camping ground
- Climb a hill, ranges, or a mountain
- Spend the day sightseeing like a tourist
- Explore a town where your ancestors lived
- Go on a hike
- Photograph a waterfall
- Visit the zoo
- Have a picnic or BBQ at a park
- Explore a national or state park
- Wander in a forest
- Stand next to tall trees
- Take a boat ride on a river or lake
- Go on a treasure hunt
- Find art on an art trail
- Visit an art gallery
- Visit a museum
- Plant a garden
- Take a road trip
- Collect wildflowers
- Go to a water park
- Spend the day at a theme park
- Discover a new town
- Go for a bike ride
- Look for butterflies and dragonflies
- Go for a swim
- Sit outside under the stars in the moonlight
- Jump in puddles
- Stand in the rain
- Go bird watching and photographing
- Attend a pilates or yoga class
- Enroll in a painting class
- Pick flowers in the garden
- Listen to the waves crashing at the beach and coast
- Visit a farm
- Stop and look at a rainbow
- Help in the garden
- Photograph a landscape
- Listen to the bird's chirp
- Look at the clouds
- Play cricket on the beach or in the backyard
- Draw hopscotch with chalk and play hopscotch
- Fly a kite in a park
- Photograph the milky way and the stars
- Play tennis
- Play catch the ball
- Smell the roses
- Visit the botanical gardens
- Visit a historical site
- Find statues and monuments
- Visit a ghost town
- Explore an old mining town
Experience a Mystery Picnic with Grandma
Gift Grandma a Mystery Picnic
Are you looking for a picnic with a mystery destination?
Do you like going on scavenger hunts with family?
Find out about my experience on an Amazingco Mystery Picnic in the Dandenong Ranges Force of Nature: The Dry 2.
In my post, you can find the top 7 reasons to gift a mystery picnic for two and a family.
And, you can find more details in my post about the mystery picnic experience.
3 What Can You Do Indoors on a Grandmothers Day Face-to-Face Experience?
- Give a Hug
- Bake together
- Share a meal
- Sing some songs
- Make a video
- Take selfies
- Buy Music
- Do something different
- Make something creative
- Create a painting
- Play hide and seek
- Play cards
- Play a board game
- Read a book
- Play charades
- Learn to knit, crochet, sew, or embroidery
- Make a smoothie
- Plan a trip
- Ask about your family history
- Record a conversation
- Collect family recipes
- Make a family photograph
- Draw a picture
- Write a story
- Play lego
- Paint each other's nails
- Do coloring
- Research a town where your ancestors lived
Pick your own Sunflowers
Take a Roadtrip
Do it with your grandkids. it's more fun.
Go for a Walk
Drive to the Country
Pin It For Later!
Find more ideas to make an experience
You can find ideas to share memories and activities for Grandparents and Grandchildren in my article on childhood memories.
Virtually, Outdoors, Indoors
In whichever situation you find yourself in. There are activities that you can do virtually, outdoors, and face-to-face.
What activities can you recommend to do for or with your Grandmother to make an experience? Leave a Comment!