Things to Do at Kiama
Visit the Kiama Lighthouse and Blowhole in NSW Australia
This post contains affiliate links. I may earn compensation when you make purchases, at no extra cost to you.
For this post, I traveled at my own expense.
The NSW Road Trip
I drove from Katoomba in the Blue Mountains along the south coast of NSW Australia. On the way, there are some opportunities to stop for photography.
The next overnight stop was Kiama Australia. The place had ocean views. However, there were signs that it will be renovated into townhouses. It's in a great location close to the town and the lighthouse and blowhole.
You Can Find
- Things to Do At Kiama
- Things to Do Near Kiama
- Visit the Kiama Lighthouse
- See the Kiama Blowhole
- Kiama Visitor Centre, Museum, Cabins
- The Town
- Things To Do and See Near By in NSW
- Travel Essentials
- Where is Kiama Lighthouse and Blowhole in New South Wales?
- Places to Visit on the South Coast of NSW
Things to Do At Kiama
- Drop into the Kiama Visitor Information Centre
- Visit and Photograph Kiama Lighthouse at different times of the day and night
- Watch the Kiama Blowhole
- Visit and photograph Bombo Quarry
- See and photograph Cathedral Rocks
- Visit the Pilot's Cottage Museum
- Go on the Kiama Coast Walk
- See Storm Bay on Blowhole Point and read the story about the clearing of the rainforest
- Check for Storm Bay conditions on Beachsafe
- Watch the boats at the jetty in the Harbour
- See the Blowhole Point Rock Pool
- Follow Water Safety Rules, do not swim when stormy conditions
- See the Kiama Lighthouse Cabins
- Go walking and hiking on the beaches, coast, national parks, and nature walks
- Make a picnic or BBQ
- Visit and walk along the beaches
- Kiama Surf Beach
- Kendalls Beach
- Easts Beach
- Black Beach
- Bombo Beach
- Jones Beach
- The Boneyard Beach
- Go for a walk around the town
- Do some night photography from Blowhole Point of the town
- Whale watching at the Minnamurra Whale Watching Platform
- Visit the Kiama Family History Centre
- Pack a picnic and walk or ride a bike at the Bonaira Native Gardens
Things to Do Near Kiama
- Walk in the treetops at Illawarra Fly Treetop Adventures
- Make a picnic and go for a walk on the beaches
- Minnamurra Beach, Shell Cove
- Crooked River Beach, Gerroa
- Seven Mile Beach, Gerroa
- Werri Beach, Gerringong
- Visit the white sandy beach at Hyams Beach
- Visit the beaches, white sandy beaches in Jervis Bay
- Go walking and hiking on the beaches, coast, and national parks
- Visit Saddleback Mountain Lookout
- Visit Minnamurra Rainforest and Falls, affected by closures, and check for updates
- Participate in Jamberoo Action Park Activities
- Walk on the Illawarra Lookout Walking Track
- Go on a picnic and walk the Macquarie Pass National Park, check current alerts
- Visit Killalea National Park
- Watch the birds at the River Road Reserve Bird Watching Area, Shoalhaven River in Shoalhaven Heads
- Walk around the Shoalhaven Heads Native Botanic Garden
- Go on a train ride, steam, diesel, and miniature, at the Illawarra Light Railway Museum
- Take a Southern Highlands and South Coast Tour via Kiama Blowhole, get details click here
Visit the Kiama Lighthouse
I experienced the charm of the lighthouse on the headland as it shone bright, illuminating the natural splendor of its surroundings near the blowhole.
It has stood tall since 1887. And, guided seafarers through the treacherous coastlines for over a century. So, it represents the maritime history of Kiama.
I found the opportunity for photography at the lighthouse at different times of the day. And, you can see my photography in my post about the lighthouse, click here. And, you can experience it too.
See the Kiama Blowhole
Have you seen a blowhole in person?
I think it's amazing the force of the ocean creates the water to burst up through the hole in the rocks.
You can see and hear the force of nature at the blowhole.
It's nearby to the lighthouse on the headland on Blowhole Point Road and is within walking distance of each other. You can read my post about the blowhole.
Blowhole roars up into the air
© JENNIFER EMPEY
Kiama Visitor Centre
Find things to do at the Visitor Information Centre which is located on Blowhole Point Road.
Pilot's Cottage Museum
You'll find next door, the Pilot's Cottage Museum which was built between 1880 to 1881. It was the workplace and home of the officers in charge of the harbour. Now it's the home of the Kiama Historical Society and Museum.
Kiama Lighthouse Cabins
On Blowhole Point, you'll find the Kiama Harbour Cabins. They are nearby the lighthouse and the blowhole. So, you'll see them as you walk and drive past.
In the town, the walk across the road warns pedestrians to give way to vehicles. You can do some night photography at the Headland looking back towards the coast.
Look Sign on the Road
Things To Do and See Near By in NSW
The South Coast Tour & Jervis Bay Cruises
- Tour on the South Coast and Kiama
- Jervis Bay Dolphin Cruise
- Boom Netting Experience
Where is Kiama Lighthouse and Blowhole in New South Wales?
You'll find them on the headland nearby each other on Blowhole Point Road. They are within walking distance of each other.
And, you'll find the visitor centre, the museum, and cabins on Blowhole Point, too.
And, you can see their location on the map click here.
Go on the Three Sisters Walk in the Blue MountainsThis post contains affiliate links. I may earn compensation when you make purchases, at no extra cost to you. Where are the Three Sisters? The Three Sisters are at Katoomba in the Blue Mountains, New South Wales,...
Things To Do At Wallaga Lake Spend Time by a Lake on the south coast of New South Wales Australia This post contains affiliate links. I may earn compensation when you make purchases, at no extra cost to you. For this post, I traveled at my own expense. Where...
Places to Visit between Sydney and MelbourneVisit 4 places on a Sydney to Melbourne road trip inland. You can stop at these four places and visit them on the drive between Sydney and Melbourne. And, you can visit the four stops on a Melbourne to Sydney road trip too....