Melbourne Travel Guide
Welcome to Melbourne! Melbourne is the capital city of Victoria Australia. And, it's known for having four seasons in one day.
Melbourne is my home town. I find myself carrying too much to cater to all types of weather so that I am prepared and not be caught out.
Summer is from December to February. Autumn is March to May, Winter is June to August, and Spring is September to November.
In summer we can get a hot and strong north wind. Our winters are mild compared to the northern hemisphere. And, our autumn and spring vary from warm to cold and vice versa as the seasons change.
10 Reasons to Visit Melbourne
- Ride along the Great Ocean Road and see the 12 Apostles on the coast. Marvel at the limestone stacks in the ocean.
- See the penguins waddle up the beach at Phillip Island at night when they parade up the beach from the ocean to their burrows.
- Attend one of the many sporting games held in Melbourne like the Australian Football League (AFL), and the Australian Open.
- Visit the gardens, beaches, national parks, and rainforests.
- Walk the LaneWays of Melbourne and stop for a drink and something to eat at a cafe.
- See the street art and art and culture in the galleries and museums.
- Visit Ballarat and Sovereign Hill to experience the gold rush in an open-air museum and the colonial era of Victoria.
- Go to one of the zoos and see the Australian animals like the Kangaroo, Koala, and Platypus. My favorite is the Platypus.
- Experience an Indigenous Cultural Immersion.
- Drive the F1 Grand Prix Circuit at Albert Park Lake.
This post contains affiliate links. I may earn compensation when you make purchases, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support.
Embark on a Journey at the National Gallery of Victoria Experience the wonders of the Triennial International Exhibition 2024 Immerse yourself in the free exhibition which ends on 7 April 2024. Uncover the hidden treasures that await you on all four floors of the NGV....
Immerse yourself in a historical setting with High Tea at The Stables of Como Step back in time. Indulge in a bygone era with High Tea at The Stables of Como. On a rainy afternoon, I accompanied my daughter to High Tea. I was transported back to this timeless...
Embark on the Mystery Picnic in the Dandenong Ranges Force of Nature: The Dry 2 It's the Amazingco Mystery Picnic with a movie tie-in, Force of Nature: The Dry 2. Immerse yourself in a behind-the-scenes Australian bush experience of the movie for a limited time....
Get into the Festive Spirit with Christmas in Melbourne Immerse yourself in the magic of Christmas in Melbourne where it's summer. Discover a delightful array of festive activities and traditions that will ignite your senses and create memories. What are the Top 7...
Top 7 Reasons to Gift an Amazingco Mystery Picnic A gift for those near or far! Embark on a journey to somewhere new. Or rediscover your local area and uncover hidden gems. A Gift for a birthday, anniversary, thank you, Christmas, the Holidays, Valentine's Day,...
Top 20+ Events in MelbourneEvents to Attend in Melbourne You'll find a selection of major events laid out in months from January to December in Melbourne. And, you'll find events like the Grand Prix, AFL Grand Final, Melbourne Cup, Melbourne Royal Show, Moomba, Grand...
Unveiling Melbourne's Hidden Gems Discovering the Top 10 Museums in MelbourneFollow along as I unveil the museums in Melbourne that you can visit. I'll look at the Melbourne Museum, Bunjilaka Aboriginal Cultural Centre. exhibitions at Melbourne Museum, Old Melbourne...
Discover the Dark Side of Melbourne with the Top 7 Ghost Tours Hear chilling tales and visit haunted locations as you delve into the city's paranormal past.Top 7 Melbourne Ghost Tours Ghosts of Williamstown Walking Tour Altona Homestead Ghost Tour Point Cook Homestead...
Top Things to Do in Melbourne, by a Local Based in Melbourne You'll find a selection of experiences, things to see, and do, activities, and tours to do in and around Melbourne and in country Victoria, Australia. You'll find museums, galleries, memorials, buildings,...
Mystery Picnic Melbourne and Victoria Experiences Gift a Picnic Experience with a Mystery DestinationExperiences for Couples, Families, and Friends at AmazingCo Are you looking for an experience that you can gift? Or are you looking for a picnic experience with a...
Experience a Mystery Picnic
Are you looking for a picnic with a mystery destination
Do you like going on scavenger hunts with family, friends, or as a couple?
Choose locations in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Read about my experience on the Amazingco Mystery Picnic in the Dandenong Ranges Force of Nature: The Dry 2. It's a movie-tie experience available for a limited time and I still keep the mystery hidden.
The traditional Aboriginal name for Melbourne
Naarm is the traditional Aboriginal name for Melbourne. Melbourne is situated on the traditional Aboriginal land of the Kulin Nation. The Yarra River's Aboriginal name is Birrarung which flows through Melbourne into Port Phillip Bay.
Find Transport, Amenities, and Tips
- Public Transport Victoria
- Plan your Journey
- Find information about tickets, timetables, disruptions
- Flinders Street Station
- Main Train Station
- Food Outlets
- Southern Cross Station
- City & Regional & Interstate Train Interchange
- Bus Terminal to Airport, Regional, & Interstate
- Food & Shopping Outlets
- Regional Public Transport Victoria
- Find information on fares, stations, timetables,
- 35 City Circle Tram
- Free Tourist Heritage Tram
- Look up the link to timetables and alternative trams can catch if no service
- Free Tram Zone
- Map of Free Tram Zone with Places to Visit
- Public Toilets
- Melbourne Airport
- Domestic & International Airport
- Avalon Airport
- Domestic & International Airport
Where to Start
I'm still building my page, so there's more coming soon.
Click the link to go to Travel Resources